From U.S. Special Envoy for Climate John Kerry to Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm (an ally to us and Greentown Labs), people shaping the future of energy are coming together starting Monday for CERAWeek. And here at ALLY Energy, we’ll be hosting the most diverse lineup of leaders to celebrate innovation, the transition, and the workforce at our 7th anniversary and annual event on Tuesday.
Celebrate diverse voices, faces, and ideas in powering energy forward
ALLY is leading the way in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in energy, using new technology and data analytics to make it happen. It’s essential to the energy transition and making businesses strong. I’m thrilled that this year, I, along with many other diverse voices across our industry, have been invited to speak at CERAWeek, so I hope to see you at CERAWeek and our anniversary.
You have a lot of choices for what sessions to attend. If you share our passion for bringing together a wide range of voices and perspectives in our industry, here are our suggestions for some can’t-miss sessions.
Here are the quick links to the schedules
Kick-off CERAWeek with Kerry, IHS Markit Vice Chairman Daniel Yergin, Total Chairman Patrick Pouyanne
- 12:00: Digital Technology's Impact on the Energy Transition: Speakers include Aadrin Azly, Chief Digital Officer of Petronas; Jay Cross, Exec VP & Chief Information Officer of Shell; and Rami Qasem, Exec VP of Digital Solutions at Baker Hughes
- 1:00: Driving Low-carbon Innovation: Criteria for investing in early-stage companies. That's an issue we’re all about at Greentown Labs Houston.
- 1:30: A conversation with Dr. Vanessa Chan, chief commercialization officer, and director, office of technology transitions, U.S. Department of Energy
- 2:00: Visit the Agora Pod that includes our friends from Cemvita Factory and Sunnova. You won’t want to miss Meghan Nutting’s session.
- 3:00 Voices of Innovation with author Walter Isaacson and Accenture CEO Julie Sweet.
- 3:45 Exploring Industry Collaboration for Hydrogen Development, led by Eleonor Kramarz, consulting executive director of IHS Markit.
- 9:10 - New Business Strategies for Net Zero with Vicki Hollub, president & CEO of Occidental.
- 10:00 - Climate Advocates & the Energy Industry: Finding Common Ground, with chair Antonia Bullard, senior associate at IHS Markit. At ALLY, we believe energy leaders should build bridges with climate activists. In fact, in Newsweek, I advocated hiring them.
Then, you should have a few minutes to schmooze, etc., before heading to us for lunch at Greentown Labs Houston, 4200 San Jacinto St, Houston, TX 77004. The ride should be about 10 minutes.
- 11:30 - Registration, Networking, and Lunch
- 12:00 - We’ll begin promptly at noon. Hear from industry leaders how to recruit and train the next generation of the energy workforce. Learn details about ALLY Energy’s revolutionary new technology to transform hiring and scale an inclusive workforce. Meet heroes and trailblazers from the new book Everyday Superheroes: Women in Energy Careers. Show your commitment to growing female talent. Speakers include Janice Tran, CEO & co-founder of Kanin Energy; Josetta Jones, chief D&I officer of Chevron; Juliana Garaizar, VP of Greentown Labs; Paula Glover, president of the Alliance to Save Energy, and more. We finish at 3 PM.
- 4:30 - Hop back over to CERAWeek and check out the Agora Pod with our friends with Syzygy Plasmonics, Baker Hughes, and Aker Horizons.
- 7:30 - Jigar Shah, director of the loan programs office at the Energy Department, is one of our past Top Energy Voices. Consider attending his Voices of Innovation session.
- 1:00 - Don’t miss Secretary Granholm’s keynote. We know how committed she is to make the energy transition work for everyone.
- 3:00 - Come by and see us at Agora. We'll be talking about the Energy Workforce of the Future and leveraging technology to help address hiring.
- 7:30 - Leaving No One Behind: Innovative solutions for a just energy transition. Among the speakers is Zoë Knight, group head of the HSBC Center of Sustainable Finance.
- 8:30 - Energy Innovation Pioneers, with speakers including Carolyn Seto, director of upstream technology & innovation for IHS Markit and Sorin Grama, co-founder & CEO of Transaera, Inc.
- 10:00 - Breakthroughs in Nature-based Solutions is a rare session dominated by women. The speakers are Yuejia Peng, associate director of climate & sustainability at IHS Markit; Sam Gill, co-founder & COO of Sylvera; Hannah Hauman, head of carbon trading at Trafigura; and Herwig Kohla, managing director of and COO of Hasslacher Group.
- 3:00 - Carbon Markets: Working with offsets includes Carla J. Peterman, executive VP of corporate affairs and chief sustainability officer, PG&E.
- Our vote? Head home to see your families. After a full week, they'll be happy to see you!
We wish you a safe, productive, and diverse experience at CERAWeek and in Houston, a city rich in energy and innovation.